Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Las Vegas Outlet Center Gambles on Construction

 

Late last month I visited the Las Vegas Outlet Center. Notice the photo above. It is the shot that Simon uses on their web site to promote this mall. Right in the center is my Kids Supercenter store. I know they wanted to feature my store and that it has nothing to do with my neighbor Coach. As you can see I have a great location in this mall. Its one of my top performing stores. Just past my store the other direction is the food court. In it is a merry-go-round. You can barley see it in the picture above if you look close and know what your looking for.

Here is a photo I took of the merry-go-round in the food court. Its visible from my store front. Kids Supercenter is almost in the center of the mall. I am next to Coach and across from Adidas and a few steps from the food court and the merry-go-round with all those moms, strollers and kids. As I said, its a great location.


7400 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89123
(702) 896-5599
Regular Hours Mon-Sat: 10am-9pm, Sun: 10am-8pm

The center is right on the strip. Its just down from Mandalay Bay. The way they route you out of the airport now you drive right past it. The rental car return is also right there. Its easy to get too and in my opinion the better of the two locations that Chelsea has in Vegas.

Perhaps that why they started construction recently to expand and update the center.

In their statement they released last month announcing the construction they stated that two entrances would be closed starting Monday June 21st. Well they are ON SCHEDULE. I was there Tuesday June 22nd and took the above picture of the closed entrance to the mall. This happens to be the entrance near my store so I'm not thrilled, but I realize that long term the changes will benefit everyone.

It was a Tuesday afternoon and the mall was packed with shoppers.

This center used to be owned by Belz before they sold it to Chelsea. Chelsea has done a lot to upgrade the tenant mix. They have added stores like Coach, Sean John, Hurley and more. They still have some work to do however. There are still a fair amount of local and temp stores like a Wig Store, a Hat Store, etc. I am sure they are there on old Belz leases. When their leases expire it is unlikely Chelsea will keep them or that they will be able to afford Chelseas rent structure.

As great as this mall is there were still 6 vacancies. Three of them are at the farthest end of the mall near VF. One closer to the center of the mall did have signage on it that said Esprit Opening July 2010.

Mark Libell

No comments:

Post a Comment