Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Barley Creek Brewing Company - Tannersville PA

CROSSROAD CUISINE - My quest to find great local food when I'm on the road.

After years of travel to out of the way outlet centers I got tired of eating bad room service. You can only eat so many times in those national chain restaurants like TGIFridays and god forbid all that fast food. So I embarked on a quest to find great local food when I am on the road. Over the years I have found many places to eat. I am not going to tell you its "the best burger in the world", but you can bet it is the best burger in town.

So you now get to benefit from my years of research. I will periodically review a local restaurant that is near an outlet center during my travels.

Today I start with the Barley Creek Brewing Company in Tannersville PA just up the road from the Crossings Premium Outlets.

Barley Creek Brewing Company
Sullivan Trail and Camelback Road
Tannersville, PA18372
Phone: 570-629-9399
http://www.barleycreek.com/



The restaurant was established in 1995 in the style of a traditional timber-frame barn.

Barely Creek Brewing Company is the Pocono Mountains original brewpub. They make hand-crafted beer, on site. Its a great casual atmosphere with an apres-ski feel. It is just down the road from Camelback Ski Area.

Hanging from the ceiling over the bar are over 600 personalized mugs from their Mug Club members.

Directions are easy. As you exit the Crossings Premium Outlets from the front exit. Turn right on to Sullivan Trail Rd, then keep to the left. Do not enter Rt 80. Follow Sullivan Trail Rd a couple miles until you see the restaurant.

We started with the Brew House Pretzel - A jalapeno cheese stuffed soft pretzel served with ranch dipping sauce.
This was worth the price of admission. The pretzel was home-made and not overly spicy. If it had been after work instead of lunch I would have had this with one of their hand-crafted beers and been in heaven.

I then had the Bacon Blue Burger. A half pound of Certified Angus Beef topped with melted blue cheese and crispy bacon. Served on a kaiser roll with lettuce and tomato. I had them with a side of sweet potato fries. The bacon and blue cheese were delicious and plentiful. The roll was very good also. My only complaint was that I ordered the burger medium and it came out well done. The sweet potato fries were excellent.

If you want a good source for great hamburgers across the country check out A Hamburger Today they constantly have new locations for some of the best hamburgers. 

My traveling partner had the crispy chicken tenders. She said they were good and that the buffalo sauce was very good. Of course they would normally come with fries. I don't even want to guess at her logic behind steamed vegetables and fried chicken.

If you liked this post then you have to get this book: 
500 Things to Eat Before Its Too Late

No comments:

Post a Comment