Monday, April 8, 2013

All I really need to know I learned in kindergarten

"Most of what I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sandpile at school.

These are the things I learned:
  • Share everything
  • Play fair
  • Don't hit people
  • Put things back where you found them
  • Clean up you own mess
  • Dont take things that aren't yours
  • Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody
  • Wash your hands before you eat
  • Flush
  • Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
  • Live a balanced life
  • Take a nap every afternoon
  • When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
  • Be aware of wonder"
Now I would love to tell you these words of wisdom are mine...but they are not.  "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" is a book written by Robert Fulgham and this is from his book. I have read it several times over the years. Every once in a while when the world gets a little to crazy I read it again to remind me about what is important.

I recommend this book for everyone. It highlights and reminds us how universal insights can be found in ordinary events

Follow the link below to find it on Amazon.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

No comments:

Post a Comment