Friday, January 21, 2011

Armed robbery at Orlando Premium Outlets



By Elizabeth Alvarez FOX 35 News

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Shoppers at the Premium Outlets on International Drive say they are starting to feel unsafe after another armed robbery in the parking lot.

Orange County deputies describe the suspects as brazen. Five people were arrested Tuesday night -- three men including an unidentified juvenile and 2 women.

Deputies say first, the suspects were seen on surveillance tape getting into an unlocked car taking several things including a loaded gun, deputies say the crooks found under the driver's seat.

Detectives say after that, the three men walked up to a couple who had just left the Victoria's Secret store to go to their car.. When one of them points the gun at the victims and takes everything from them, merchandise, purse and cell phone.

This is not a first at the Premium Outlets on I-Drive.

"I always look if there's someone behind me, so if there is I try to like get the phone and talk to someone so if I see something strange I have someone on the phone I'm like I'm at this point and there's this person here next to me and I'm scared or anything or just go into a store where I know I'm going to be safe," says Rafael Lopes who shops at the outlets once a week.

There are security cameras up and a security guard in a vehicle that roams the parking lot. Other than that, we don't know what else the outlet is doing to keep shoppers safe. The company that manages the mall declines to comment on security.

No comments:

Post a Comment