Monday, November 21, 2011

Women gives birth in shoe outlet.



Michelle Collins went into labour at a Clarks factory outlet and had her son in the staff room.

The mother of two has called him Ethan Clark, after the shoe shop chain. 

‘I didn’t get any of my shopping but I did leave with a baby,’ she said. 

‘I’m so grateful to all the staff who helped me and helped to look after my  daughter, Jodie while I was otherwise engaged. 

‘Staff there were brilliant and kept Jodie occupied by chatting with her – they even found her some pens and paper so she could do some drawings.’ 

She had gone to the store in Street, Somerset, to buy things for her new arrival – but she went into labour earlier than expected. 

Two paramedics delivered Ethan, born weighing a healthy 4kg (8lb 15oz) in the store’s staff room. 

Mrs Collins, from nearby Clutton, thanked the staff and members of the public who helped out during the surprise delivery last month. 

‘He’s a lovely baby and we’re doing really well,’ she said.

‘We’re so grateful to everyone in Street for their help in making sure Ethan got here.’

No comments:

Post a Comment